It seems like nothing is going my way lately, but then again maybe I'm being too negative.
I work at my favorite store, Wet Seal. Unfortunately, lately we aren't making enough money as a store to receive a lot of hours from corporate, and therefore they had to cut everyone's hours. Because I never work ever anymore because they keep calling off my shifts, my sales per hour is probably down to nothing. In turn, this has put me at the bottom of the associates in sales, and now i have no actual hours this week, only on-call shifts. The economy sucks for everyone right now.
I have no money because I am not working, and my next paycheck is going to be very small. I drive to Dearborn every single day for class, and have to pay for my own gas. This has created a domino effect in my life. Now I can't do many things for fun because I have to save my money for gas and other expenses my parents do not help me out with, such as my sorority Phi Mu. This is normal and happens to everyone, I know. But it's really starting to hurt me :/
The most ANNOYING thing is when I have friends who are spoiled as hell and get their every little want and need paid for by mommy and daddy. It honestly disgusts me to see a person who has never worked a day in their life. I'm on my fifth job since I was 15. I think it's vital for a teenager to learn how to hold a job, work a register, or whatever it takes to learn how the work force works in real life. If a person has never had a job, ever, in their entire life, and then they graduate college and are offered something, they are not going to do good. Why? Because they have absolutely NO experience with people: customers, employers, co-workers, etc let alone any other work experience.
It just pisses me off to see college students who have no idea what it's like to work a day in their life, and to see their parents pay for college, gas, and everything else they desire in everyday life. This is so not me.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis made me mad when I was a student as well. My friends were athletes--most received money for playing 'sports' (AKA not working) and 'financial aid' which means they would get their check from financial aide or the school and promptly take it to the mall and spend all of it since mom and dad were paying for college anyway...where I worked three jobs to put myself through school (and pay rent!) some semesters!
ReplyDelete--k
This hard work will only make you stronger and a better adult. It sucks, I know, but it will pay off!