Tuesday, October 20, 2009

campus life

It's funny how different the people are here on campus at the University of Michigan Dearborn then are in the city I live in, Livonia. It's sad how undiverse it is, like I've stated in my last blog.

However, as I walk the halls and outside pathways of this beautiful campus, I notice how many different races and ethnicities we have here. I love seeing the different and new faces, unlike in high school when everyone looked the same to me, and I knew almost everyone there.

Here on campus there are so many different clubs and organizations one can join..for example you could be part of the Lyceum staff and become a photographer for our own literary magazine published each semester, write for The Michigan Journal (our college newspaper), or be on the campus radio station WUMD! Besides these there are also many clubs/organziations such as joining a sorority (like I did!), Fraternity, or maybe the Psych Club. The possibilities are endless :)

College is so much bigger and better then high school in the amount of people, activities you can do, and everything in between. So get involved!

1 comment:

  1. True ltown was sooo undiverse lol. I kinda liked knowing everyone at school though.

    I've thought about getting involved...But then i realized that I drive out here enough for class I dont wanna spend another 45 mins driving to go to some meeting for some club just yet.

    ReplyDelete